IPL points table will announce the new champion of season 10, but there is a long and tough journey that consists of team standings, positions, ranks, points and net run rate. Indian premeir league 2017, that started on 5th April, 2017 and will last till May 24, 2017. Total 8 teams are taking part in the mega fantasy T20 cricket league being played in India and yes, there is not single match scheduled to be played at overseas venue.
Indian Premier League 2017 Team Standings
|Kolkata Knight Riders||3||2||1||0||0||4||+1.48|
|Kings XI Punjab||3||2||1||0||0||4||+0.52|
|Royal Challengers Bangalore||3||1||2||0||0||2||-1.21|
|Rising Pune Supergiant||3||1||2||0||0||2||-1.72|
Each team in the Indian Premier League 2017 will play 14 matches, the IPL points table is totally based on the net run rate and points terminology as the teams with more points and net run rate will be allowed to make their appearance in the Indian Premier League 2017 in the eliminations and qualifying side.
Kolkata Knight Riders team has been strong so far as this side has played total 3 matches so fay and won two games out of them, on the other side Sunrisers Hyderabad the defending champions has won two matches out of three they play like KKR, but Hyderabad holds 2nd position on the behalf of their lowest net run rate.
Kings XI Punjab won 2 games out of three they have played and acquire 3 position with the net run rate of +0.516 and 4 points. Former champion Mumbai Indians are at 4th position with two winning games out of 3, +0.199 net run rate and four points in their account. All the teams have played 3 matches so far excluding Gujarat Lions as this team has played only two matches and they have lost all of them and that’s why standing at last with net run rate in minus -2.731.
IPL 2017 Points Table Rules
The Indian Premier League 2017 points deal is divided into two sections, first is “League Stage” and the second stage is Play-Off stage.
Super Over Will be used if the match is tied or Super Over itself is tied
- In case the points of two or three teams are same, then they will be place higher in the points table on the behalf of their more numbers of victories.
- In case, teams are equal in points forms and number of wins, then they will be ranked better in the table on the behalf of their net run rate
- If the teams are still equal on the behalf of their winning numbers of matches, points and net run rate, then the teams with higher numbers of wickets taken per fair balls in played matches in which the results were sorted out will get the better position in points table.
- If teams still are equal on the behalf of policies mnetioned above, then the drawing lots will be used to determine the winner.
The play-off matches will be based on the following rules, in case any qualifier 1 or 2 matches are
- Super Over, only 1 super over will be allowed to achieve 1 winner.
- If the conditions don’t allow to play a “Super Over” in the available time, then the number of most victories and better position in the league stage will declare the team winner at the end.